Project Status and Timelines
What are the Timelines?
- Volunteer sampling application ready: goal is the week of April 6.
- Volunteer sampling occurring: we hope to have tens of thousands of volunteer samples within a few days of the app being ready.
- Multiple machine learning teams up and running and making progress: the week of March 29.
- Feasibility checkpoint: in April, we will know whether we are on the right track.
- Earliest possible results: depends on how many machine learning teams participate and a number of risks.
We are being very transparent and collaborative with this project. See below.
You can also view the Press Mentions page.
MARCH 21 (DAY 5)
We are now making positive headway within the medical community to assist with optimizing the collection from a medical standpoint, as well as exploring ways to get known COVID-19 patients to provide positive test samples to help us. With each day that passes, we are receiving information that is making us feel more confident about the likelihood of success. Still far from certain, but too great to ignore given the massive and fast impact it could have globally.
MARCH 19 (DAY 3)
Today, we have several people working on the collection application, and it’s full steam ahead. We now have a mock-up of the collection mechanism and a new methodology plan to have machine learning teams collaborating rapidly, without duplicating efforts. We are hoping for 10 machine learning teams to participate, but we are planning an architecture that can handle up to 40 teams participating.
MARCH 18 (DAY 2)
MARCH 17 (DAY 1)
The Caredemic project began rolling on March 17; several initial contributors made it possible to take our first steps. A day later, we have 10 people working on it, an outline of the phase 1 requirements, and key contacts to help spread the word about the project. #COVID19